MINUTES OF PARISH COUNCIL MEETING

Thursday 12th October 2017 - 7 p.m. The Presbytery

 

In attendance                :                  Fr Scott Brossart

Michael Dawson (Chair)

Ann-Marie Meade

Fr Rogello Barcelona

Kevin Britten

Veronika Cook

Carola Timney

Sally Savage (Minutes)

 

Apologies             :                  Dcn John Boughton

Marilyn Cahill

 

 

 

ACTION

1

Fr Scott opened the meeting with a prayer and welcomed all attendees.

 

 

 

Thanks were expressed to Michael for providing the Minutes of the last meeting.

 

 

2

 

The Minutes of the meeting held on 7th September 2017 had already been circulated; there were no objections or amendments.

 

 

3.

 

MATTERS ARISING:-

 

 

 

  • ALTAR RAIL

 

MD reported that there had been an extremely strong objection received regarding the reinstallation of the altar rail. CT had also received a few objections.  However, the vast majority of people had not made any adverse comments.

 

Fr Scott said he will ensure the congregation receives a comprehensive spoken and written explanation, including the fact that the cost will not be coming from church funds.

 

  • ADVENT/CHRISTMAS EVENT(s)

 

KB expressed concern that we had not yet addressed the question of a seasonal event and it was agreed to arrange a Christmas dinner/party. Discussion ensued regarding what form this should take, i.e. buffet/sit down, etc.

 

Ř      AMM will obtain quotes from outside caterers for a sit-down meal.

Ř      KB will ask St Augustines School caterers if they could offer a meal.

Ř      MD will ask MB for information from previous events.

 

A sub-committee was agreed to include:

 

Sally Savage

Kevin Britten

Mike Dawson

Veronika Cook

 

...  and anyone else who wishes to attend!

 

This committee will meet on Tuesday 24th October at 7pm in the Presbytery  to discuss the Christmas party in more detail.  All are welcome.

 

KB said he would also ask St Augustine’s school regarding the  possibility of organising a Yuletide Fair to take place in the Fr Daly Hall.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Fr SB

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

AMM

 

KB

 

MD

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

KB

 

  • UPDATE ON PARISH VISION

 

CT circulated two Vision Statements which were very well received, one for Hythe and one for Dymchurch.

 

 

 

 

 

 

  • LIGHTING IN CHOIR LOFT

 

VC said that nothing has happened yet in regard to the choir loft lighting but she is chasing.

 

 

 

VC

 

  • WEB SITE

 

KB passed around his laptop so that we could see the new web site (which everyone thought was excellent)  and reported that it was now almost complete.

 

 

 

KB

 

  • HALL CLEANING

 

Fr SB confirmed that this issue has now been resolved.

 

MD expressed Health & Safety concerns about the room off the main hall where chairs and tables are stored and suggested the doors should be kept locked.  Fr SB will ask Barry to arrange for bolts to be fitted.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

FrSB

 

 

  • FORWARD PLANNING CHART

 

MD had two planning charts which he gave to SS to complete and keep up-to-date for our own use.

 

KB said he would create a site for committee use only for information sharing purposes.

 

 

 

 

SS

 

 

KB

 

4.

ANY OTHER BUSINESS:-

 

  • Dcn JB had emailed that the Parish Register work continues to be developed.

 

  • Marilyn Cahill (MC) had emailed MD with St Monica’s update which was circulated with the Agenda.

 

  • VC showed the Committee a copy of a weekly Parish Newsletter from elsewhere that incorporated the Mass, readings and bulletin.  This could save having to spend a lot on new Missals.  VC and CT agreed to obtain quotes and to liaise with Diane.

 

  • AMM reported that she had security concerns about Lydd re locking up etc.   Fr SB to look into this.

 

  • Fr RB confirmed there is no RCIA at present.

 

Fr SB:-

 

  1. asked for suggestions for Divine Mercy dates;
  2. confirmed he is pursuing the possibility of a joint Youth Club with Folkestone;
  3. confirmed he is looking into Joint Praise and Worship Group(s) with Cheriton, Folkestone, Hythe and Dymchurch.

 

 

 

 

 

Dcn JB

 

 

 

 

 

VC

CT

 

 

 

Fr SB

 

 

Fr RB

 

 

 

Fr SB

5.

Fr RB closed the meeting at 8.30 pm with a prayer and blessing.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Date of next meeting 9th November 2017 in the Presbytery.

 

Back

 

 

Back